STORE ASSOCIATE (Part Time)
JOB TITLE: Store Associate
LOCATION: House of Cardoon in downtown Carmel-by-the-Sea
TERMS: Part Time
- Store operating hours are Monday – Saturday 11-6pm, we are looking for an associate for 1-3 days per week. Must be available to work on Saturdays.
SALARY/RATE: Starting at $17/hour, scaled based on experience
ABOUT HOUSE OF CARDOON & the GOAL of YOUR ROLE:
House of Cardoon is a curated home décor boutique with product and art from around the world and US. We value authentically made, colorful, beautiful & whimsical design. It is a place for customers to come and HAVE FUN while shopping, and hopefully learn something new by interacting with our unique product offering and engaging staff. We want to create a loyal customer base that trusts us to bring them the latest and coolest from the design world, and we want to be a “destination” that people visiting Carmel cannot miss.
This is a fast paced environment where attention to detail is critical and you will be exposed to all aspects of how to operate a growing retail and ecommerce business focused on unique home décor, accessories, art and antiques.
- Minimum 0-2 years of related work experience
- A kind, energetic, fun, "people person" who connects easily with others.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Strong sales and customer service skills
- Extremely detail oriented; ability to multi-task & meet shifting priorities within store environment
- Demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills
- Positive, can-do attitude and a smile for everyone!
- Interest or experience in product, art & interior design, and world travel is a definite plus
- Tech savvy and plugged into internet culture as well as proficient in operating Microsoft Office, Google Suite, & Mac; Shopify, Instagram, Pinterest, Adobe Lightroom, web building & graphic design experience a plus
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19
- Representing the House of Cardoon brand; highlighting product stories & inspiration for the store in thoughtful, articulate customer communication.
- Maintaining a luxury, welcoming level of customer service for each client and each transaction – including emails to customers regarding updates on their online orders.
- Maintaining visual displays that are inspirational and shoppable for the customers – when something sells, we immediately back-fill to ensure the store always looks its best.
- Meeting daily, weekly and monthly sales targets driven by the in-store sales and website.
- Manage receiving of new products including creating & receiving purchase orders, printing product tickets & ticketing new inventory. Help to manage and maintain an inventory of both product and supplies to avoid out-of-stocks.
- Maintain Daily Recap logging customer counts and details about customer interactions.
- Advising clients with product suggestions to bring the House of Cardoon aesthetic into their homes.
- The not so glamorous tasks: taking out the trash and breaking down boxes and recycling, keeping the store and backroom tidy on a daily basis!
- Ability to troubleshoot technology issues autonomously – we are a small store without an IT department so you need to be relatively savvy with making sure all of the checkout & technology elements of the store are in working order each day.