JOB TITLE: Operations and Fulfillment Assistant
LOCATION: House of Cardoon in downtown Carmel-by-the-Sea
TERMS: Part Time, three days per week (days are flexible), approximately 10-20 Hours per week
ABOUT HOUSE OF CARDOON & the GOAL of YOUR ROLE:
We are a growing home décor boutique seeking a part time fulfillment and operations assistant to help with packaging and shipping online orders. We have a sizable web business and fulfilling orders is a meticulous and time intensive process to ensure all products (many breakable) arrive to customers intact, and that the presentation of the boxes reflects the luxury HOC store standards.
- Extremely detail oriented and a quick learner of our operating system Shopify.com
- Efficient, independent, and organized
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Communicative and reliable
- Microsoft Office, Google Suite, & Mac proficient; Shopify app, POS and website will be trained, and the primary system used.
- Job requires occasional access to a car for transporting product and materials to and from the store to warehouse and various shipping outlets
- Must have your own laptop computer and be able to operate Shopify app on your phone.
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19
- Interest or experience in product, art & interior design a plus!
- Fulfill web orders according to our specific fulfillment guidelines that maintain the luxury House of Cardoon experience and ensure all packages are wrapped safely and securely to avoid breakage and customer service issues. This takes place on-site in the back room of the store.
- Keep track of online orders coming in via Shopify and create a schedule for packaging to ensure all orders ship as quickly as possible. Same day preferred, but must be within 3 days of placement (outside of specific product issues or custom items).
- Aim to complete all orders in time for 3pm UPS pick up each day (or every other day).
- Communicate with UPS as needed if deadlines are missed and orders urgently need to go out.
- Manage shipment of exception orders that need to ship via USPS, DHL or Fedex. This includes international orders.
- Communicate with store associates & owner if issues arise with fulfillment (i.e. product is not available / broken / damaged) and offer solutions to address issues.
- Communicate with customers regarding updates about their orders using HOC customer service standards and communication style.
- Communicate with store associates & owner if packing supplies are running low and need to be ordered via Uline.
- Make recommendations for product packaging needs that will improve efficiencies and save on cost.