House of Cardoon is a curated home décor boutique with product and art from around the world and US. We value authentically made, colorful, beautiful & whimsical design. It is a place for customers to come and HAVE FUN while shopping, and hopefully learn something new by interacting with our unique product offering and engaging staff. We want to create a loyal customer base that trusts us to bring them the latest and coolest from the design world, and we want to be a “destination” that people visiting Carmel cannot miss.
This is a fast paced environment where attention to detail is critical and you will be exposed to all aspects of how to operate a growing retail and ecommerce business focused on unique home décor, accessories, art and antiques.
- Minimum 0-2 years of related work experience
- A kind, energetic, fun, "people person" who connects easily with others.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Strong sales and customer service skills
- Extremely detail oriented; ability to multi-task & meet shifting deadlines, i.e. you can hustle.
- Demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills
- Positive, can-do attitude and a smile for everyone!
- Willing to roll up your sleeves & take on any task to keep our wheels moving from making sure our technology is running to boxing orders.
- Interest or experience in product, art & interior design, and world travel is a definite plus
- Microsoft Office, G-Suite, Mac & PC proficient; Shopify, Instagram, Pinterest, web building & graphic design experience a plus.
- Must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19
- Job requires access to a car for transporting product and materials to and from the store to warehouse, shippers, framers, etc.
- Meeting daily, weekly and monthly sales targets driven by the in-store sales and website.
- Representing the House of Cardoon brand; highlighting product stories & inspiration for the store in thoughtful, articulate customer communication.
- Maintaining a luxury, welcoming level of customer service for each client and each transaction – including emails to customers regarding updates on their online orders.
- Maintaining visual displays that are inspirational and shoppable for the customers – when something sells, you immediately back-fill to ensure the store always looks its best.
- The not so glamorous tasks, as needed: taking out the trash, ensuring plants stay alive, keeping the store and backroom tidy on a daily basis!
- Fulfill web orders according to the specific fulfillment guidelines outlined in the operations manual. We have a sizable web business and fulfilling orders is a meticulous and time intensive process to ensure all products (many breakable) arrive to customers in tact, and that the presentation of the boxes is a reflection of the store standards. Lots of boxing! Lots of tape!
- Contribute on photo shoots for both editorial imagery (for IG and website) as well as monthly & daily product photo shoots. Edit photos to make them web ready using Snapseed app or Lightroom in Adobe.
- Ability to troubleshoot technology issues autonomously – we are a small store without an IT department so you need to be relatively savvy with making sure all of the checkout & technology elements of the store are in working order each day.
- Contribute to planning & content of Editorial calendar, Instagram & Cardoon Candy newsletter.
- Manage receiving of new products including product creation, setting pricing, creating & receiving purchase orders, printing product tickets & ticketing new inventory.
- Maintain log of daily customer counts & sales counts.
- Advising clients with product suggestions to bring the House of Cardoon aesthetic into their homes.
- Managing inventory of product and supplies.
- Developing process & efficiencies to make the business run smoothly.
Send your resume and information about why you would like to join the House of Cardoon team to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many thanks for your interest!